- Mixed vegetables 2 and 1/2cups(carrot,beans,potato,green bell pepper,peas,beets)
- Onion 1 medium finely chopped
- chilli powder 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Sambar powder 1/2 tsp(optional)
- turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- shredded coconut 1 tsp or u can use more
- Coriander leaves few
- Curry leaves few
- Oil 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal 2 tsp
- Urad dal 2 tsp
- Wash and cut the vegetables in to small pieces..finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a vessel,add all the tempering ingredients and fry till chana n urad dal turns light brown.
- then add curry leaves and chopped onions and fry till onion turns transparent.
- And add finely chopped vegetables,turmeric powder,chilli powder,sambar powder and enough salt.
- Mix everything well and turn flame to low medium and keep stir frying the vegetables.
- No need to add water,simply keep stirring them for every 1-2 minute and cook covered.
- If needed sprinkle some water and cook...once the vegetables get cooked add shredded coconut and coriander leaves..mix well and remove from the stove.
- Now the mixed veg poriyal is ready.
- This mixed vegetable poriyal can also used for vegetable masal dosa like potato masal dosa.