Palak Paneer Recipe
Prep Time : 15 minutes | Cook Time : 20 minutes or lessRecipe Category : Side dish | Recipe Cuisine : IndianServes 3
- Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese 7 oz or 1 cup cubed paneer
- Spinach/Palak 1 bunch
- Ginger 1" piece
- Garlic 2 fat cloves
- Green Chilli 2 no.
- Sugar a pinch
- Onion 1 medium(finely chopped)
- Tomato 1 small(finely chopped)
- Garlic 1/2 tsp (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Butter 1/2 tbsp
- Oil 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4-1/2 tsp
- First wash spinach thorughly in running water, then chop it roughly and keep ready.
- In a wide vessel, add chopped spinach, garlic, ginger and green chilli, sugar and sprinkle some water(1/4 cup) and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Once it turned soft and tender turn off the stove and allow to cool for a while.
- Meanwhile, chop onions, tomato and paneer and keep aside.
- Then in a mixer jar add the cooked spinach-ginger-garlic and blend it to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a kadai, add cumin seeds and finely chopped garlic and allow to splutter and fry well.
- And then add finely chopped onions, sprinkle a pinch of salt and saute till it turns light golden brown.
- Then add finely chopped tomato and saute till it turn soft and mushy.
- Now add the ground spinach paste, little water(1/2 cup) and enough salt and bring it to half boil(cook in medium heat without closing the kadai with lid).
- Once it starts to boil, add the cubed paneer pieces and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- That's it...Delicious Palak Paneer ready.
Adding sugar helps to retain the fresh green colour.
I did not add cream or half and half, but if you want can add 2-3 tbsp in the end.
With the same spinach gravy, instead of paneer you can also add cooked potato/aloo, roasted tofu, cooked channa.