For Crispy Tofu
For Crispy Tofu
- Firm Tofu 1 pack (pressed & cut into cubes)
- Chilli Powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Kasoori Methi 1/4 tsp
- Oil 1-2 tsp
- Spinach 2 cups (tightly packed)
- Onion 1 medium(finely chopped)
- Garlic 2 fat cloves (finely chopped)
- Tomato 2 no.s (puree or paste)
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Ginger 1" piece (julienned)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2-3 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Press Tofu using weight and leave it for 30-40 minutes, then cut into cubes.
- Then take tofu cubes in a wide plate/bowl, sprinkle chilli powder, salt and kasoori methi on all over the tofu cubes.
- After that heat a tawa, drizzle oil and arrange the tofu cubes and toast on both sides till it turns golden brown and crisp.
- Once done remove from the stove and keep it on a plate and keep aside.
- Now in a wide vessel, add washed n chopped spinach, pinch of sugar, sprinkle little water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once done allow to cool for a while and blend it to a fine paste and keep ready.
- Then heat oil in a pan, when it gets heated add cumin seeds and allow to splutter and add finely chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
- After that add tomato paste and cook till all the moisture absorbs and the oil appears on top.
- Now add chilli powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder and stir fry for a minute.
- Then add spinach puree stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- And add garam masala and stir fry and add toasted crispy Tofu cubes and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Finally add ginger julienne and few cilantro and Turn off the stove.
- That's it..Tofu Palak ready. Serve with roti/Chapathi/Naan.