Actually i started to make cutlets with beets and potatoes for Valentine special savory snack and i made cute pink colored heart shaped cutlets and also the cutlets come out so good and i even clicked around 40-50 pictures. But due to low lighting the pictures were too bad and turned out so dark n grainy ones. I wan't upset because its an expected one since it was around 4.00 pm when i set everything to click pics. So with that doubt I kept some stuffing in the fridge to make the cutlets again in the morning but next day i changed my mind and instead of cutlets made this yummy and filling Parathas along with some crumbled paneer. There's not much cooking involved in the stuffing-beets potato paneer preparation except boiling potatoes which also requires only 15 or less time, so u can make the filling within 20 minutes.
These pink parathas are loved by my kids and its perfect for lunch box also, so plz give it a try sure ur kids will love it and ask for one more Paratha :-)
Ingredients(Makes about 10 (8") Paratha)
For Outer Dough
- Whole wheat flour 2 cups
- Milled Flax seeds 2 tbsp(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil 2-3 tsp
For Filling / Aloo Beets Paneer Stuffing
- Potato 2 medium sized (boiled and mashed)
- Beets/Beet Root 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Paneer 1/2 cup or less or more (crumbled or shredded)
- Red Onion 3 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Cilantro 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Ginger 1 tsp(finely chopped)
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp or less
- Salt to taste
- First Wash and boil potatoes till tender and soft, then peel the skin and mash it well and keep aside.
- Shred beets and paneer and keep aside.
- In a bowl combine, mashed potatoes,shredded beets and paneer, finely chopped onions, cilantro, ginger, then red chili, cumin, garam masala powder and salt.
- Mix everything well if u feel more moisture, add 1-2 tbsp bread crumbs.
- That's it...Beets Potato Paneer stuffing is ready, divide them in to 10 lemon sized balls and start making stuffed parathas.
- Knead the resting dough for few seconds and divide them in to 10 equal sized balls.
- On a well floured surface, take one ball and roll to 3" disc and keep one aloo beets paneer stuffing ball and seal them by bringing all the edges together and roll them gently to a round ball.
- Then on a floured surface/rolling pan, start rolling gently to 8-9" parathas.
- Do repeat the same procedure for remaining dough and potato balls.
- Heat tawa/griddle,fry the parathas on both sides till turn light golden brown...drizzle some oil on all around the parathas.
If u want to make it vegan, omit paneer or replace it with crumbled firm Tofu.
Adjust spices to ur taste.
I added bread crumbs to reduce the excess the moisture, the stuffing turned out so flavorful and tasty...give it a try :)