Now off to the recipe, For This Ladoo along with ghee, I also added 1 tbsp milk to get soft and smooth ladoos. Milk gives nice texture and taste to ladoos, but if you can skip it and use ghee alone to make Maa Laddu.
Maa Laddu RecipeTotal Time : 15 Minutes | Recipe Category : SweetsMakes 14Ingredients
- Roasted Gram Dal/Pottukadalai 1 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Ghee 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp*
- Warm Milk 2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder 1/4 tsp
- Cashew Nuts, chopped 2 tbsp
- First in a blender add roasted gram dal and blend it to a fine powder and sift it and keep aside.
- Then powder the sugar to fine powder and take sifted gram dal powder and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Now heat ghee(if using milk use only 1/4 cup ghee) in a pan, when it hot add cashew nuts and roast till light golden brown.
- After that pour the hot ghee and roasted cashewnuts to the gram dal-sugar mix and mix well.
- Then add warm milk and start shaping laddus when it is still warm.
- That's it..Maa Laddu ready.
*If you are not using milk then you will need 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp ghee to make smooth and soft laddu.
Or else you can use only 1/4 cup ghee and skip milk to make laddu. That way, your laddu will be dry like maavu urundai.
So according to your preference add more or less ghee and milk.
For 1 cup dal 3/4 cup sugar gives you perfect taste, if you add 1/2 cup then it will be half sweet.
You can also dry roast gram dal in medium heat for 2-3 minutes before proceeding the recipe.