- Cluster Beans 1/4 kg
- Onion 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves few
- Coconut 2 tsp(shredded)
- Moongdal 2tbsp
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed.
- Oil 2-3 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal 2 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tsp
- hing a pinch
- Half cook moongdal with 1 and 1/2 cup water and with pinch of turmeric powder.
- Drain the water and spread the moongdal in a plate and keep aside.(spare the drained water to cook cluster beans).
- Wash,cut the both ends and chop the cluster beans into small pieces.
- Heat oil in wok,add the tempering ingredients one by one and fry till chana n urad dal get golden brown,
- After that add onions and curry leaves,fry for a minute and add the chopped cluster beans.
- Stir fry the cluster beans for 3-4 minutes(this will help to reduce the bitterness).
- then add turmeric and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add enough salt and water (use moongdal cooked water) mix and cook covered till cluster bean get cooked.
- Once it get cooked,open the lid and stir well ...all the water will be drained but with little moisture.
- Add shredded coconut and fry for a minute and at last add the moongdal and mix everything gently.
- Its done..now the cluster beans poriyal is ready .
- It can be served with sambar,rasam sadham n any variety rices.