- Bread 4 slices
- Onion 1/2 (sliced)
- Green chilli 3 no.s
- Curry leaves few
- Fresh Yoghurt/curd 1/2 cup or less
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- chana dal 1/2 tsp
- Coconut 1/2 tsp(shredded)
- Oil 2-3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Toast the bread with ghee/oil and cut in to small bite size pieces and keep aside.
- Beat curd and put the bread pieces in to the curd and mix gently.(do this when u start fring onions or else bread vl b too soggy)
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds and channa dal,fry till golden brown.
- Add onion,green chilli and curry leaves,saute till onon get transparent.
- Now add the soaked bread pieces ,pich ot turmeric powder salt and mix well.
- Fry the bread piesce for 2-3 minutes and at last add the shredded coconut and mix well.
- Its done...bread upma is ready. serve hot!!