- Yuca root/Tapioca 2 cup(peeled & shredded)
- Rice/sona masoori 2 cup
- Dry red chili 7-8 no.s
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida 1/4 tsp
- Oil 1tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Chana dal 1 tbsp
- ginger 2-3 tsp(grated)
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves few
- Onion 1 no.(finely chopped)
- Soak rice for 1-2 hrs.Keep the shredded tapioca covered.
- Grind everything from tapioca to asafoetida to a coarse batter(like dosa batter).
- Transfer to a vessel add enough salt and mix well.
- no need for fermentation,but keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- then heat oil in a pan,add all tempering ingredients one by one and fry till chana dal turns brown and add the tempered items to the batter and mix well.
- Now the batter is ready to prepare dosa.
- Heat a tawa ,pour a ladleful of batter and spread gently,make it little thin.
- Add oil all around and cook on both sides and remove from the tawa.
- Tapioca dosa is ready now and serve hot with coconut chutney