- Rava 1/2 cup
- Semiya/Vermicelli 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 large (cut lengthwise)
- Tomato 1/2 chopped
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Green chilies 4-5 (slit open)
- Mixed vegetables 3/4 cup (finely chopped carrot,beans,peas,potato)
- Ginger 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Mustars seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal 1 tbsp
- Urad dal 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts 1-2 tbsp (optional)
- Using ghee or oil, roast rava and vermicelli separately and keep aside.
- Heat oil in vessel, add all the tempering ingredients and roast till chana and urad dal turns light golden brown.
- Then add ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and onion and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- and add tomato and stir well and fry for a minutes and then add mixed vegetables and turmeric powder.
- Stir fry the vegetables for 2-3 minutes and add 2.5 cups of water and enough salt.
- Mix well and add some chopped coriander leaves and allow to boil the water.
- When water starts boiling, turn the heat to medium and add vermicelli and cook for 3 minutes and then add roasted rava and stir continuously.
- when everything get mixed up well(rava,semiya & vegs) and close it with a lid for a minute,
- After that open the lid and stir the khichdi well and u can also add some roasted cashew nuts n finely chopped cilantro now.
- Thats it...Rava Semiya khichdi is ready. Serve hot with coconut chutney.