- Moongdal 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 large(finely chopped)
- Tomato 2 medium (finely chopped)
- Green chillies 6 no.s(or to taste) finely chopped
- Curry leaves 1 twig
- Sambar powder 1 tsp
- Oil or sesame oil 2-3 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Hing powder 1/4 tsp
- Pressure cook moongdal with a pinch of turmeric powder and enough water for 1-2 whistle ,mash it and keep aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in a wok/vessel,add all the tempering ingredients and fry well.
- Then add curry leaves,green chillies,onions and saute till onion get transparent.
- After that add chopped tomatoes and fry well till it get soft.
- Now add sambar powder and mix well and add cooked&mashed moongdal.
- Add enough salt,little water and mix well(make it little thicker in consistency)
- Allow to boil for sometime.
- Once it starts boiling add some chopped coriander leaves and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Thats it the gosthu is ready to serve with hot idlies/dosa.