- Brown rice 1 cup
- Urad dal 1/4 cup
- Poha 1-2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds/Methi seeds 1/4 tsp
- Soak brown rice for at least 6-8 hrs and soak urad dal and other items just 1 -2 hrs before u start grinding.
- First grind urad dal,methi seeds and poha together in a mixie/grinder with little water .
- Grind it to half smooth batter and then add soaked brown rice to it and grind till soft,smooth and fluffy.
- Then transfer it to a bowl and add salt,mix well and allow for overnight fermentation.
- Then next day once again mix the batter and pour to the greased idly plates and cook for 15 minutes or until done.
- Now the soft brown rice idlies are ready to serve.
- Serve Hot with any chutney/sambar etc.
|brown rice dosa/egg dosa|