- Yellow Moongdal 1cup
- Jaggery 1 and 1/2 cup (powdered)
- Milk 1 cup or more.
- Cardamom powder 1tsp
- Cashew nuts 25g
- Raisins 5-7no.s (ur choice)
- Almonds few sliced
- Coconut pieces 1 tbsp
- Ghee 2 tsp
- Cook moongdal with 3 cups of water in a wide vessel on stove top.
- When the moongdal is 90% cooked (water may get drained..no problem no need to add any water also),add the powdered jaggery or jaggery syrup.
- Stir well and keep stirring till jaggery gets completely dissolved and the raw smell leaves.
- Then add the cardamom powder and stir well.
- And Then add warm milk to this dal syrup and stir gently.
- Leave for 2 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Take a another pan heat ghee and add cashew and raisins, coconut pieces fry till golden brown and add to the moongdal payasam.stir gently
- Add some sliced almonds on top and serve hot with vada.