Of all the melons we love Cantaloupe a lot. As its available through out the year, we add this melon regularly in our diet. This juice is a perfect thirst quencher on hot sunny days and also a perfect after meal snack. My kids love to eat the melon as chunks but i always prefer this delicious and filling juice/milkshake. Only thing is this juice should be served immediately or else it will turn slightly bitter.
- Ripe Cantaloupe/Muskmelon 1 and 1/2 cup (diced chunks)
- Milk 1 cup (reduced or low fat milk)
- Water 3/4 cup
- Sugar/Honey to taste
- Ice cubes few
- Scoop out the pulp.
- Blend them with sugar/honey in a blender.
- Then add milk and water to the puree and run for few seconds.
- Pour it to the serving glass add ice cubes and serve .
Remove the seed portion.
Unripe fruit will give little bitterness so in such case add little more sugar or honey to the juice.
Based on the fruit pulp u can add more or less milk
Adjust the thickness of juice as u needed, I prefer it to be little thick(like milkshakes) so I dont add much water. But if u want it thin u can add more water/milk.