- Ragi Flour 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water to make adai(sorry i didn't measure the water..)
- Oil to toast adai
- Oil 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Chana dal 2 tsp
- Green chilli 2-3 (adjust acc. to taste)finely chopped
- Ginger 1" piece(finely chopped)
- Onion 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves 2-3 sprigs(finely chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan,add the tempering ingredients one by one and fry till onion turns half transparent.
- After that ,take a bowl add ragi flour and slat,mix well and add the tempered ingredients and mix well.
- Add water little by little and make it to a thick dough and divide in to 5-6 equal big lemon size balls n keep aside.
- Now heat a griddle/tawa, grease ziploc/plastic sheet and keep one ball and spread it by flatten the ball with hands to thick roti and carefully transfer it to the hot tawa/griddle,drizzle oil in n around the adai.
- Cook in low medium flame and toast the adai on both side till turn crisp n cooked.
to avoid dry n hard adai..cook the adai with lid closed for 30 second- after placing the shaped dough on the tawa, drizzle oil in and around the adai then cover the tawa with lid for 30-40 seconds and then remove the lid and flip other side again close it with lid for 30 seconds and open the lid and let it cook till crisp and cooked. this will help even cooking and also the adai will not be too dry..
You can also do this with Wheat Flour as Wheat Adai/Godhumai Adai