- Tomato 3no.s(medium size)
- Jeera/Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Pepper corns 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves 4no.s(small flakes)
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves 4-5 strings
- Turmeric powder pinch
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Hing powder 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chillies 3-4 no.s
- Salt as needed
- Oil 1tsp
- Boil about 1 cup of water,then put the washed tomatoes in the boiling water.
- Let them boil for some 2-3 minutes,then remove from the boiling water and wash in cold water.
- This helps to peel the skin from the tomatoes
- crush the tomatoes nicely with hands
- Put the jeera,pepper corns and garlic flakes in a blender and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in an available vessel, add mustard seeds when it splutter add dry red chillies,curry leaves,hing and jeera-pepper powder,fry them well.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes add 1 cup of water,stir well
- Add enough salt and mix well once again.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and chopped coriander leaves with the stems.
- Close it with a lid and cook in medium heat .
- When it starts boiling from the edges add some more coriander leaves and allow to boil for some 2minutes.
- and switch of the stove.
- Should not boil completely,just half boiling is enough(see picture) then close it with the lid,let it stand for sometime.
- Then the rasam is ready to serve for plain rice.