- Onion 1no. medium size(roughly chopped)
- Tomato half is enough (roughly chopped)
- coriander leaves 1/2 medium size bunch(use leaves only)
- Mint leaves 5-7 twigs
- Ginger 1/2'piece
- Garlic 1small clove
- Green chillies 5no.s
- Curry leaves 1twig
- Coconut 1 tbsp or few sliced pieces
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal 2tsp
- Urad dal 2 tsp
- Moong dal 2tsp
- Oil 3tsp
- Salt as needed.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds when pop add channa dal,urad dal,moong dal fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger,green chillies ,garlic, curry leaves saute lightly and add onions and mint leaves.
- Fry till onion get transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes fry for a minute and add coriander leaves.
- Saute well and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- After adding coriander leaves don't fry for long time ,bcoz it will give bitterness to the chutney.
- Cool the ingredients and put it in blender.
- First put coconut in the blender and run for few seconds ,after that add other ingredients along with salt.
- With little water grind well but not too smooth fine paste,it should be little coarsely.
- This chutney goes well with Idly,Dosa,Plain rice,Curd rice,Chappathi,Idiyappam also.