- Moongdal/paasiparuppu 200gm
- Onion 1med size(finely chopped)
- green chilli 2no.s(finely chopped)
- dry red chilli 2no.s (broken in to pieces)
- ginger small piece(finley chopped)
- curry leaves few
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal 1tsp
- Urad dal 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts 7no.s(optional0
- Hing powder a pinch
- Oil 2tsp
- Salt as needed.
- Soak moongdal for about 10-15minutes .
- Cook moongdal with a pich of turmeric powder in microwave for about 3-4 minutes(based on microwave power settings)
- If u cook in stove stop cook 3/4th ,don't want to cook too soft n mushy.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in an available vessel,add mustard seeds allow to pop,then add chana dal,urad dal and cashew nuts fry till golden brown.
- Add onions,ginger,green chillies,red chillies,curry leaves and a picnh of hing powder and fry until onion gets transparent.
- then add cooked moongdal and enough salt and fry for 2minutes.
- At last add some chopped coriander leaves and the chundal is ready now.
- Serve hot with teas or coffee.