|click image for enlarged view|
- Poha(thick) 1 cup
- Onion 1 big (i used 15 pearl onions)
- Tomato 2 no.(chopped)
- Green chillies 3 no.s(chopped)
- Frozen peas less than 1/4 cup(optional)
- Ginger 1 tsp(chopped)
- Garlic 3 large flakes
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Coriander Leaves 5 sprigs(finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2-3 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
- Chana dal 2 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- Wash and soak the poha for 2 minutes and drain the poha n keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan,add the tempering ingredients and allow to splutter n fry the chana n urad to golden brown.
- Then add the curry leaves,ginger,garlic,green chillies and saute for few seconds and add onions(cut in lengthwise) and saute till onion turns pink n transparent.
- After that add chopped tomatoes ,peas and turmeric powder and saute till tomato turns tender n mushy.
- Now add the drained poha ,enough salt and mix well and fry for a minute.
- Lastly add some chopped coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
- Yummy Tomato Poha is ready now...Serve Hot !!!