This is my first bookmarked post. But i did not follow the original recipe completely. For the first time i saw the pistachio cardamom cookies in Ramya's (Hot from my oven) blog...i was totally impressed on the recipe and her picture n as well the presentation.Thank you Ramya for the recipe. I combined her recipe with the almond cookies recipe from allrecipes.com.I daringly tried this and the outcome was so perfect,super n excellent. It tasted like butter biscuits n melts in mouth like butter. My kids liked them a lot n they finish it in 2 days :) They love homemade cookies more than the store bought one.I used raw almonds you can also use the blanched/roasted almonds.I ground the almonds coarsely so its very difficult for me to get shape n hold the dough firmly.But it also very nice to have a crunchy bite of nuts...
- All Purpose flour 1 and 1/4 cups
- Rice flour 1/3 cup
- Unsalted butter 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar/Icing sugar 1/2 cup
- Baking powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Egg White from 1 egg
- Almond extract 1/2 tsp (can use vanilla extract also)
- Almonds 1/3 cup
- Cardamom 8-10
- Sift the flours ,add salt ,baking powder and mix well and keep aside.
- Grind almonds and cardamom together to a fine powder or little coarse powder n keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl,cream butter and sugar at medium speed using hand electric mixer,followed by egg white and almond extract.
- Stir flour (all purpose flour and rice flour sifted ) and grounded almond in to the butter cream mixture.
- Mix everything well and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- After that,divide the dough in to 3 equal parts,place one part in a parchment paper in a firm platform and place another parchment paper over the dough and press it,using a rolling pin roll the dough firmly to 1/4 " thick ..then remove the outer paper and using cookie cutter or any rim of a can or bottle cut them OR simply take 2 sppons of dough,shape them in to small balls,about 1/2" inch thick and press gently using a glass bottom and place 2 inches apart in to the baking tray greased or lined with parchment paper.
- And transfer the sheet to the baking tray and bake it for 15-18 minutes or till the edges n bottom turn light golden color.
- Allow to cool them on wire racks... my kids..they don't have patience till it get cooled n they started munching hot.... hot .... :)
Here comes the Awards which was shared to me by Mehjabeen from Jabeen's Corner. One of my blogger friend..she is such a sweet n nice person.And its my pleasure to be her friend.These Awards are very special and lot to me.Thank you Jabeen for sharing me such a wonderful awards n remembering me in your list :) Thank you so much
I don't know whether i am worth to deserve them or not.But i was so happy and its very encouraging for me to do more n more...I am passing this to all my blogger friends .but i want to list some buddies who are supporting me constantly and also to some of my new friends.
Kindly Please accept these awards...