Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serves 2 generouslyIngredients
- Poha 1 and 1/4 cup (use thick variety)
- Spinach 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Carrot 1 no.(finely chopped)
- Onion 1 medium(finely chopped)
- Ginger 1 tsp(finely chopped)
- Green chilli 3 no.(coarsely ground or finely chopped)
- Curry leaves few
- Cashew nuts 6-7 no.s
- Chana dal 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2-3 tsp
- Wash Poha and drain water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds when it splutter add chana dal and cashew nuts and fry till golden brown.
- And add curry leaves, ginger and coarsely ground or finely chopped green chilli and finely chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- Then add finely chopped carrots and stir fry for 1 minute then add washed and finely chopped spinach and mix well.
- Then add the drained poha,turmeric powder, enough salt and mix everything well and lastly squeeze some lemon juice and mix well.
- Healthy and yummy spinach poha upma is ready to serve.
You can also use dry red chilli instead of green chillies.
if you want very soft poha then after washing soak it with enough water for 2 minutes and then drain and use it in the recipe.
Chop carrots finely so that it gets cooked but bit crunchy, no need to steam cook or microwave carrots. just stir frying is enough.