- Tuvar Dal/Toor Dal less than 1/4 cup
- Yellow Pumpkin 1 cup(chopped in to bite size pieces)
- Onion 1 medium(chopped)
- Tomato 2 medium(chopped)
- Green chili 3no.s
- Garlic 3-4 fat cloves
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Hing a generous pinch
- Oil/ghee 1 tbsp
- Dry Red chili 3 no.s(broken)
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
- Pepper corns 3-4 no.s
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Onion 1/4 cup(sliced)
- Sambar Powder 1/2 -1 tsp
- Cilantro 3-4 sprig(finely chopped)
- Wash and chop pumpkin into bite size pieces with or without skin( i used with skin only) and also chop onion, tomatoes and keep ready.
- In a pressure cooker, add dal,pumpkin,onion,tomato,garlic,green chili,turmeric powder and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles and wait till the pressure cools down.
- After that open the pressure cooker, add enough salt,hing and using spoon( i used Matthu) mash all the veg n dal well.
- Now heat oil/ghee in a tempering pan, add mustard seeds,cumin,fennel,peper corns and wait till it splutter then add red chili,onion,curry leaves,sambar powder and saute for 1-2 minutes n lastly add cilantro and add it to the mashed pumpkin dal.
- That't Pumpkin Dal Curry ready. Serve Hot with Rotis/Rice!