- Rice 1 and 1/2 cup cooked (i used basmati rice)
- Peas 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 large(finely chopped)
- Capsicum 1/4 cup(finely chopped)
- Carrot 1/2 medium(finely chopped)
- Tomato 1 small(finely chopped)
- Cilantro 2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1-2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Oil few drops
- Dry Red chilli 2 no.s
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Heat few drops oil in a pan, add red chili,cumin seeds n coriander seeds roast for a minute, cool and grind it a coarse powder n keep ready.
- Cook rice and spread it in a wide plate/bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add ground masala and cumin seeds wait till it splutter and add onions and capsicum and saute till it turns translucent.
- Then add carrots and turmeric powder,saute for a minute.
- After that add tomatoes and peas( i used frozen peas) stir well and cook in medium heat till peas get cooked.
- Now add cooked rice , enough salt and combine the rice gently with the masala n vegs.
- Lastly add some finely chopped cilantro,turn off the stove and keep rice covered for 2-3 minutes after that open, gently mix well.
- That's it...Tasty Cumin flavored Rice was ready to serve/pack for your lunch box.