This is very easy and quick stir fry. Hard boiled eggs are stir fried with onion tomato masala and lastly spiced with pepper powder. This yummy masala egg pepper fry goes well with all variety rice, pulao n biryani also. The recipe as follows..
- Eggs 4 no.s
- Onion 1 medium(sliced)
- Tomato 1/2 medium(chopped)
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Ginger 1" piece(crushed)
- Garlic 1 clove(crushed)
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder 1 tsp or to taste
- Cilantro few finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal 1-2 tsp(optional)
- Boil eggs with enough water for 15 minutes in medium heat. Then turn off the stove and leave the eggs in stove stove for 5 minutes. Then drain and peel the shells and cut each in to 4 pieces(vertical) and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and fennel seeds wait till it splutter then add chana dal and fry till light golden brown.
- Then add crushed ginger , garlic, curry leaves and sliced onions and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- After that add tomato and saute till it turns soft and add chilli n garam masala powder and stir fry for a minute.
- Now add enough salt,sprinkle little water and stir well and then add cut egg pieces and gently mix well with the masala. Take care not to mash the egg yolks with masala.
- Then add pepper powder and mix well and lastly add finely chopped cilantro and turn off the stove.
- That's it...Masala Egg Pepper Fry is ready to serve.
Instead of chilli powder you can also add slit green chillies and stir fry along with onion and proceed other steps.
You can also add fried curry leaves just before serving ( I did so).
Instead crushed ginger n garlic , use 1/2- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.