- Soya Chunks 3/4 cup
- Onion 1 large (finely chopped)
- Tomato 2 -3 large no.s (finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tsp
- Chili powder 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 tsp
- Curry Masala Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Cilantro 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
- Clove 3 no.s
- Cinnamon 1" stick
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Bring two cups of water to boil, to this add soya chunks and turn off the stove. Let it rest in the boiling water for 4-5 minutes, then drain the water using colander and squeeze the soya chunks to remove excess water and keep aside until use.If you want chop them in to smaller pieces.
- Grind all the ingredients under the heading"to grind" to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the ground spice powder n fennel seeds let it sizzle and add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Then add finely chopped onions, and saute till it turns translucent.
- And then add tomatoes and saute till it turns soft and mushy and starts leaving oil.
- After that add all the dry masala powders and saute for 1-2 minutes and add boiled and drained soya chunks and stir fry for a minute.
- Now add 1/2 cup or enough water n salt,mix everything well and bring the mixture to boil and cook until desired consistency.
- Lastly add some finely chopped cilantro and simmer for a minute and turn off the stove.
- That's it....Yummy Yummy Soya Tomato Curry is ready to serve.
- We had it with Sweet corn Methi Paratha (coming up...).
I used minced ginger n garlic that was also good but the paste gives you strong flavor and taste.
With the same recipe, instead soya chunks you can also add chicken and pressure cook the whole thing for 1-2 whistles and enjoy...and also curry masala powder can be replaced with chicken masala powder.
This is on its way to the events, Vardhini's Dish It Out- Soy n Tomatoes, "Only" Curries event started by Pari and guest host by Janaki's Kitchen. and also to Healthy cooking challenge-Healthy Lunch now happening @ Kavi's Edible Entertainment.