Eggless Coconut Cookies RecipeRecipe Source : Blend With SpicesPrep Time : 10 minutes | Cook Time : 18 minutesRecipe Category : SnackMakes : 20-22 cookiesIngredients
- Whole Wheat Flour 1 cup(I used Nature's Fresh Whole Wheat Atta)
- Sugar 1/2 cup*
- Unsweetened Dessicated Coconut 1/4 cup+2 tbsp for garnish
- Butter, softened 1/2 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp
- Milk 2 tbsp or as nedded
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Grind sugar into a fine powder and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and powdered sugar and beat until light and creamy. Add vanilla, salt and combine.
- Now add the wheat flour and dessicated coconut and mix everything well.
- Then add milk little by little and mix well to make a smooth and soft dough.
- And then divide the cookie dough into 20-22 small balls and then take one ball and shape into a smooth ball and flatten it(like we do for Pedas)
- Now dip the top of the flattened cookie dough in coconut and arrange it in a parchment lined baking tray.
- Do repeat the same for all dough and place them on a baking tray spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the cookies in preheat oven for 18 minutes.
- Once done remove from the oven and let it cool down for 2-3 minutes.
- Cookies will be very soft now but it turns crisp and crunchy after cooling.
- After 3 minutes transfer the cookies to the wired rack and let it cool down competely.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container.
*sugar - 1/2 cup, I reduced 2-3 tbsp sugar from 1/2 cup and that sweetness was perfect to us.
If you are sweet tooth then add 1/2 cup sugar for mild sweet reduce sugar 1-2 tbsp from 1/2 cup.
The original recipe did not say to refrigerate the dough before baking...but I refrigerated the
cookie dough for 10 minutes.
As the dough was very soft and buttery, I don't want my cookies to spread so to be on safer side I refrigerated the dough.
The chilled dough holded the shape well.
You can also skip coconut and bake it as a plain Vanilla cookies.