Pasiparuppu Paniyaram RecipePrep Time : 1.30 hrs | Cook Time : 20 minutesRecipe Category : Tiffin/SnackMakes 35-38 small paniyaramIngredients
- Yellow Moongdal/Pasiparuppu 1 cup
- Poha/Aval 1/2 cup
- Green Chili 3 or 4 no.
- Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
- Onion 1 medium(finely chopped)
- Cilantro/coriander leaves 3 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Ginger 1/2 tsp (finely chopped)
- Carrot,shredded 2-3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Hing 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- Wash and Soak Moongdal and Poha together for 1-2 hours.
- After that drain excess water and put it in a blender and to it add green chili, fennel seeds and using 1/4 cup water grind it to a coarse batter.
- Transfer the ground batter to a bowl, add finely chopped onions, cilantro, ginger, hing, cumin seeds, carrot and enough salt and mix everything well.
- Now the batter is ready to make paniyaram.
- Heat paniyaram pan, drizzle oil in each hole.
- Pour spoonful of batter to each hole and cook in medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Then flip other side using skewer or spoon and again cook for another 3 minutes or until it turns crisp and golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the pan and serve hot with tomato chutney or any spicy chutney.
To the same recipe, you can also add handful of chopped spinach to make it even more healthy.
Grind the batter to a coarse paste.
You can grind the batter by noon time and refrigerate it and use it in the evening.
Adust chilies to your taste, you can also use dry red chillies, if using dry red chili then soak it along with dal and poha and grind altogether.