- Cauliflower 1 and 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Beet root 1 small ( peeled and shredded)
- Potato 1 small (boiled n mashed)
- Onion 2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro 2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Breadcrumbs 1/2 cup
- Maida /All purpose Flour 1 tbsp
- Water 1/3 cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Boil potato and peel the skin and mash well and keep ready.
- Wash and shred cauliflower and keep it in hot water for 15 minutes and drain completely, also squeeze out excess moisture and keep ready.
- Wash beets, peel skin and shred and squeeze out excess moisture (you can add this drained water to rasam/sambar/soup ).
- Then take a wide bowl, add potato,beets,cauliflower,onion,cilantro,chili powder,garam masala,cumin and enough salt ...mix everything well.( If u feel the mixture to be little moisture, add 1-2 tsp of corn flour or breadcrumbs).
- Now divide the mixture in to 10 lemon sized balls and keep ready.
- Mix maida with water and keep aside until use.
- Heat oil (to deep fry) in a pan, ,take one ball,press it gently and dip it in the maida water and roll in bread crumbs and fry it on hot oil till become crisp and light brown.( or you can pan fry those balls in tawa
- Once done, remove from hot oil and drain the excess oil in paper towel and serve it hot.
- Do repeat the same for all the remaining balls.
- That's it...Super Yummy Beets Cauliflower Cutlets are Ready to Serve. Serve with ketchup n lemon wedges.
If u don't like beets, you can avoid beets and proceed with potatoes and cauliflower.
Sending this recipe to the event,Siri's Healing Foods - Cauliflower event guest hosting by Vardhini and to the event, Celebrating Street Foods by Anusha and also to the event,Spot Light -Winter Vegetables by Indrani.