Ingredients for Dough
- Whole wheat flour 1 and 1/2 cups
- Milled Flax seeds 2 tbsp(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil 2-3 tsp
Ingredients For Stuffing
- Potato/Aloo 2 large potatoes
- Dry Red chillies 2 no.s
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds 1/2 tsp
- Amchor powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro/Parsley 2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Oil as needed to toast parathas.
- Wash and boil the potatoes till done,do not cook too mushy. Then drain and peel skin and mash the potatoes finely and keep aside.
- Heat a pan, dry roast red chillies, cumin and coriander seeds for 1-2 minutes. do not burn them.
- Then allow to cool for a while and ground to little coarse powder and add it to the already prepared mashed potatoes.
- To this add, cilantro, salt and amchur powder. Combine everything using hands and divide them in to 10 equal lime sized balls and keep ready.
How to make Stuffed Aloo Paratha.
- Knead the resting dough for few seconds and divide them in to 10 equal sized balls.
- On a well floured surface, take one ball and roll to 3" disc and keep one potato ball and seal them by bringing all the edges together and roll them gently to a round ball.
- Then on a floured surface/rolling pan, start rolling gently to 8-9" parathas.
- Do repeat the same procedure for remaining dough and potato balls.
- Heat tawa/griddle,fry the parathas on both sides till turn light golden brown...drizzle some oil on all around the parathas.
- After that remove from the tawa,Aloo paratha is now ready and serve hot with plain yogurt and Mango Pickle.
Sending this recipe along with the archived one, Broccoli Paratha.
to the event, LGSS ~ Stuffed Paratha Happening @ Zesty Palate started by Vatsala of Show and Tell.
I used dried parsley as i don't have cilantro in hand.
Adjust dry red chilli amount, as the mentioned qty was a mild spicy one.
Adding milled flax seeds to wheat flour is completely optional, but i add this regularly to my chapathi dough.