I tried this snack for first time n its full n full my experiment.i was so excited while doing this n eagerly waited for the result...Ii tried this snack with APF n milk mawa powder....Yep i used the same dough preparation which we do for making Jamuns but little change i used water instead of milk to knead the dough.Actually i want to try crescent dough but the preparation n timing was lengthy so daringly tried in my own dough :).For filling i used garlic spinach puree n some sliced vegetables.After baking ,the snack flavor was similar to pizza dough with cheesy flavor without cheese.For my kids i sprinkled some Parmesan cheese also. My kids n my H also liked it very much.No exaggeration really tasted good use filling to your choice or the same...Try this snack born from my experiment n let me know h it turned out to U..Hope u all like this recipe :)
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup
- Milk-Mawa Powder 1/2 cup
- Butter 2 tsp
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Water to knead dough
- Salt a pinch
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Garlic 3-4 flakes(finely chopped)
- Onion 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Spinach 2 cup(roughly chopped)
- green chillies 2-3no.s
- Mushroom 3 no.s(button mushroom) sliced
- Green Bell Pepper 1/2 sliced
- Onion 1/2 sliced
- Carrot few sliced
- Take a bowl,add APF n milk mawa powder ,salt n mix well,then add melted butter and crumble it well n using water make a smooth ,softn pliable dough(not loose like chapathi dough but little stiff like poori dough)
- Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set rest the dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds n allow to sputter n add garlic fry lightly .
- Then add onions n saute till turns pink n add chopped spinach n saute for a minute n turn off the stove.
- Cool the spinach stir fry n grind it to a fine paste along with 2-3 green chillies and keep aside.
- Now divide the dough in to 4-5 large balls.
- Preheat oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit
- On a well floured surface keep one ball n genlty flatten it using hands n roll it to 9-10" dia make it little thick.
- Now keep 2 spoons of spinach puree n spread all over the rolled area n to the spreaded spinach puree add sliced mushroom,onion n capsicum .(if you want can add some Parmesan cheese)
- From one edge start rolling the filled dough n seal it with pressing them lightly.
- Now cut in to 1 and 1/2" thickness. and on a lined or greased baking tray arrange the cur mini rolls.
- Do the same for all the remaining dough ,arrange it on a baking tray n brush it with butter/oil lightly and bake it for 20-25 minutes. or till turn crisp n golden color.
- Once it done serve the Garlic Spinach snack rolls with pepper powder on top n Relish with ketchup.
|mini thin crust pizza snack|
I am sending this recipe to the event , Dish It Out-Spinach and Garlic by Vardhini. and also the new event , Only~Baked by Pari (Foodelicious) and guest hosting by Harini (TamalaPaku).