Pav Bhaji RecipePrep Time : 20 minutes | Cook Time : 10-15 MinutesRecipe Cuisine : IndianServes 6-8Ingredients
- Potato 3 medium(peeled and cut into 2 halves)
- Carrot 2 no.(sliced)
- Green Beans 1/2 cup(roughly chopped)
- Cauliflower 3/4 cup (cut florets)
- Indian Eggplant/Brinjal 1 or 2 no.(chopped)
- Green Peas 1/4 cup(fresh or frozen)
- Onion 1 big(finely chopped)
- Tomato 3 medium(finely chopped, use ripe tomatoes)
- Garlic 3 fat cloves(crushed)
- Ginger 1" piece(crushed)
- Cilantor 2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Ketchup/Tomato Sauce 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1/2 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala Powder 1/2-3/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Butter 1-2 tsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeera 1/4 tsp
First wash and chop all the vegetables and cut as mentioned above and take them in a pressure cooker, add little water and turmeric powder and pressure cook for one whistle and switch off the stove.
Now heat oil in a saute pan, when it is hot add jeera allow to splutter then add crushed ginger and garlic and fry well.
Add salt and adjust the consistency and bring it to one boil.
That's it..Delicious Bhaji Masala Ready. I Served Warm with Homemade Pav Buns.
I used Ramdev Pav Bhaji Masala Powder.
Adding tomato sauce/ketchup gives nice tangy taste and mild sweetness to the curry.
Use ripe tomatoes for nice red color and taste, I used 2 campari tomaoes and 2 plum tomatoes.
Instead of pressure cook, you can also steam the vegetables and boil potatoes separately.
You can also add some diced capsicum along with peas for extra flavor and taste.