- Red Rice Flour 1 cup
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Shredded coconut 1/3 cup
- Sugar 1 -2 tbsp
- Water 1/4 cup or lil' less
- Take red rice flour in a wide vessel, mix it with salt.
- Sprinkle Hot water little by little on red rice flour and mix well.
- use your hand to sprinkle water and mixing.
- U should not add more water,just sprinkle little by little and mix all the flour and make everything wet, make it like crumbled texture.(you can make a ball shape with the mixed flour but when u broke the ball , it should be able to crumble back again..thats the perfect consistency) Refer my Wheat Flour Puttu for detailed picture.
- Once u finished mixing ,take a wet clean towel or any cotton cloth keep the rice powder in the cloth tie it gently or cover it lightly.
- Place this cloth in a idly plate and steam it for 15 minutes in idly vessel or any available vessel .
- After steaming ,gently open the cloth and put the steamed red rice puttu in a bowl.
- Add shredded coconut and sugar mix well using a spatula or spoon.
- Now the puttu is ready to serve.