Preparation Time : 10 mins
Resting Time : 20-30 minutes
Cooking Time : 12-15 minutes
Makes about 30-35 crackers(1.5")
- Whole Wheat Flour / Atta 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup (i used unbleached APF)
- Dry Methi Leaves / Kasoori Methi 1 tbsp
- Ajwain/Omam/Carom seeds 1/2 tsp(crushed)
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp(crushed)
- Pepper 1 tsp or to taste(crushed or coarsely ground)
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Warm Oil 3 tbsp
- Melted Butter 1 tbsp
- Cold water 3/4 cup or as needed.
- Take oil and butter in a small bowl, and warm it in microwave oven for 45 seconds.
- In a wide bowl add flours, dry methi leaves,ajwain,cumin seeds, crushed pepper corns, salt and mix well.
- Then combine warm oil-butter mixture well with flour.
- Using cold water make a stiff dough. Do not knead dough.
- Then cover the dough with plastic wrap or damp cloth and keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie tray with foil paper and brush it with oil.
- Divide the dough in to two half, roll the one half of the dough into less than 1/4" thick flat disc.
- Then using cookie cutter or bottle cap/rim cut the cookies from the rolled dough.
- Transfer the unbaked cookies to a lined baking sheet.
- Do repeat the same with remaining dough and arrange it in baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, turn the cookies half way and bake until turns crisp with light soft touch.
- Once done transfer the baked Methi Mathri to cooling rack. Allow to cool and store it in an airt tight container.
I used Aashirvadh whole wheat atta, adjust water to combine dough. The amount of water depends on the quality and type of flour you use. so adjust accordingly.
You can also replace butter with oil.
Use warm or heated oil/butter.
Do not knead dough, just combine well to a tight dough.
Before baking i brushed the unbaked crackers with oil and baked it.