But i try to recreate all those chaats & snacks at home and this is Bhel Puri is one such recreated version and also i referred few sites and finally fixed with this simple version. The only thing is it should be served immediately as soon as its done but some people love the soggy rice puffs also, so its purely your choice. We love both crispy & soggy rice puffs.
- Rice Puffs/Murmura 4 cups
- Boiled Potato 1/2-3/4 cup(chopped)
- Dates Tamarind Chutney 4 tbsp
- Green chutney 4 tbsp
- Onion 4 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Tomato 2 tbsp(deseeded & finely chopped)
- Cilantro 1-2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Papdi 15-20(crushed)
- Sev/Omapodi 1/4 cup or as needed
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Black salt 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Wash and boil potato with enough water and little salt, once done peel the skin and chop into cubes or mash it.
- Chop onion, tomato, cilantro and keep other things ready.
- In a wide bowl, add rice puffs, chaat masala, cumin powder, black salt and mix well.
- And then add chaat chutneys, boiled n chopped potato stir well and add finely chopped onions and tomato, crushed papdis mix well.
- Lastly add cilantro and sev, give a gentle stir and serve immediately. Garnish with few more cilantro and sev.
Adjust chutneys to your desired level, if u want soggy bhel then add more chutneys, if not add it less for flavor.
You can also add a handful of cooked chickpeas/green moong to the bhel puri.
If available, add some finely chopped raw mango also.
Linking this to Vardhini's Chaat & Chutneys - Giveaway Event.