For the last day of Blogging Marathon under Kids Delight ~ Evening snacks/Tiffin theme, I am sharing the healthy and delicious Hara Bhara Kabab. Few months back, we had this kabab in an Indian Restaurant, first on looking the kabab my boys doesn't like it n thought it as a spicy or bitter dish and they refused to eat. In restaurant it was served with spiced yogurt dip, so i asked them to taste the kabab with some yogurt and after two bites he thoroughly enjoyed eating with yogurt dip. First time i tried this kabab after watching Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe video on youtube. This Hara Bhara kabab is made out of spinach,peas and potato along with spices and is deep fried or shallow fried. To make it healthy i simply toasted the kabab on tawa and served with ketchup. Now to the recipe...
- Potato 3 medium (cooked & mashed)
- Peas 1/4 cup (cooked & mashed)
- Spinach/Palak 1 cup(finely chopped & blanched)
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves 1/4 cup(finely chopped)
- Green chili 2 no.(deseeded & finely chopped)
- Ginger 2 tsp(finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Chili Powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Corn Flour 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1/2 tsp
- Oil to toast
- Wash, cut the potatoes in to two half and cook with enough water and then allow to cool and peel the skin and mash well and keep aside.
- Cook peas in microwave for 2 minutes, then cool and blend it coarsely in a blender and keep ready.
- Wash and chop spinach and microwave for 2 minutes, allow to cool and keep ready.
- Now take a mixing bowl, and all the ingredients except oil and knead to a dough.
- If u feel the dough bit more moisture add some more corn flour and adjust it.
- Then divide the potato-peas-palak mixture in to 10-12 lemon sized balls.
- Now heat a tawa/griddle, smear oil and take one ball and flatten it to patties or any desired shape and keep it in tawa, can toast 3-4 kabab at a time.
- Drizzle few drops of oil on n around kabab and cook in medium heat for 3-4 minutes, after that using spoon or spatula turn other side and cook until both sides turn crisp and golden brown.
- Repeat the same for the remaining mixture and drain the kabab in tissue paper and serve how with ketchup or any chaat chutney or spiced yogurt dip.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#17
Also sending it to Srivalli's Kid's delight event happening now @ Vardhini's Cooksjoy and to Jagruti's Celebrate-Street Party Event happening @ Easy2Cook Recipes and to Radhika's Lets Cook ~ Kids Special event.