Happy Valentines Day to all my Friends & Readers. Today my kids too clebrating their first Valentines Day with their friends & teachers in school by giving cards n gifts. My boys were so active today... wore new dress and got ready soon without troubling mom. So eager to give gifts to their friends n teachers. Its really nice to see them socialised. They even have fav friend, fav teacher likes n dislikes :) The day started all with their cute smiling faces n warm kisses...:))
Even I celebrated many Valentines day with my friends, those were ever green days...After falling in love with "Him" my life had totally changed. My likes n dislikes narrowed and all my thinkings dreams were all about MY Valentine only. I still remember my first Valentine gift to Him. The year 2000 was more special to us, it was the year(May) i accepted His proposal. Our 2 years friendship was extended to life time and we decided to hold hands till our last breathe.
I don't believe that only by giving gifts one can prove or show their love but still I love to give gifts n like to see His face brightened with all smile n surprise.
Now about today's recipe, I made this Chocolate Coconut Muffins long back and didn't expect that i will post this today or else i could have used related props. I was not feeling well for past few days or else i could have made a new recipe. Anyway i have at least one sweet chocolate recipe to share on this special day. These muffins are eggless n butter less and also very quick and simple recipe. This is a very soft n moist delicious muffins, i added sweetend coconut flakes so reduced the amount of sugar. You can add the same amount as mentioned in the original recipe if using normal coconut flakes. I served these muffins with chocolate glaze both turned out finger licking good. Now to the recipe...
Recipe Source: Home Cooking Adventure
I reduced the ingredients to half - U get 6 standard muffins
- All Purpose Flour 3/4 cup
- Coconut flakes scant 1/2 cup (i used sweetend coconut flakes)
- Cocoa Powder 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar 1/2 cup or less
- Baking Powder 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Cinnamon a pinch
- Oil 1/8 cup
- Vinegar 1/2 tbsp
- Water 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
- Cocoa Powder 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Butter 1/2 tsp
- Water 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line Muffin pan with paper cups.
- Sift flour,salt,cocoa,cinnamon powder,baking powder in a large bowl and stir in coconut flakes.
- Then in a medium sized bowl, add oil,vinegar,water,vanilla stir well and keep ready.
- Now gently mix the liquid ingredients with flour and stir well.
- Then spoon the batter in to the already prepared muffin pan and bake it for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- To Prepare chocolate glaze, mix butter n sugar,cocoa n water bring this mixture boil.
- Now it will get thick n dark. Serve as needed.
If u don't have vinegar u can use lemon juice also.
You can also omit coconut flakes if u don't want them in your muffins.
"Sweet Luv" at Zesty Palette, Bake Fest #4 hosted by Anusha, Valentine's Special @ Anzz Cafe, Valli's Chocolate Mela , Radhika's Let's Cook - Sweets, Sumee's Bon Viviant Moments, Valentine's Day Event @ Teenz Yummy Delights, Healthy Diet Event ~ Baked Goodies guest hosting by Raji event by Priya.