- Sakkarai Pongal / Sweet Pongal
- Lemon Rice
- Coconut Rice/Thengai Sadham
- Tamarind Rice/Puli Sadham
- Curd Rice/Thayir Sadham
- Pasiparuppu Payasam
- Medhu Vada
- Paruppu Vadai/Masal Vada
- First Soak Urad Dal and Channa Dal for Vadas separately.
- Then I prepare Sweet Pongal/Sakkarai Pongal in Pressure Cooker following this method.
- After that Cook rice(1.5 cup sona masoori) and spread the rice in a wide platter and allowed to cool.
- Then start chopping green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, cilantro for lemon rice, curd rice and coconut rice and also for both vadas.
- Then squeeze lemon juice and shred coconut and keep aside.
- Now start tempering for lemon rice in a kadai, once done mix it with rice and keep aside.
- Then prepare tadka for curd rice in a kadai add it to the curd and then to the same kadai start preparing coconut rice(follow the link for detailed recipe).
- I made this easy and instant Tamarind Rice, this time i skipped turmeric powder and garlic other than that followed the same recipe(follow the link for detailed recipe).
- After that started preparing for Pasiparuppu payasam.
- Lastly ground the dal in mixer and once done heat oil in akadai for deep frying.
- Mean while prepare the vada batter and fry them one by one.
- After frying vadas, fry Appalam.