Strawberry Mousse RecipePrep Time : 10 minutes | Cook Time : NilResting Time : 1 hrServes 3Ingredients
- Fresh Strawberry 200 gm or 1 cup (roughly chopped)
- Heavy Whipping Cream 1 cup
- Sugar 2-3 tbsp*
- Wash, hull and chop the strawberries and blend it in a blender along with sugar to a smooth puree.
- I usually keep the bowl and whip hook in freezer for minimum 30-40 minutes before use.
- Take heavy cream in a chilled bowl and whip it to soft peaks.
- Then add Strawberry Puree and fold it gently.
- Once mixed well refrigerate it for minimum 30 minutes and just before serving top it with some fresh strawberry chunks or use Strawberry puree on top.
*Sugar - Adjust sugar to your taste, the sweetness of the fruit and 1-2 tbsp sugar was perfect for us.
Do not beat cream for long time, just soft peak is enough.
After adding strawberry puree, gently fold it and don't mix then the whipped cream will loose the airy and soft texture.
Strawberry Mousse keeps well in fridge for 2-3 days.
You can also make it as a layered dessert by adding more or less strawberry puree to the whipped cream.