Nutella Mousse TriflePrep Time : 10 minutes | Cook Time : nilRecipe Category : DessertsServes 2Ingredients
- Nutella Mousse 3/4 cup
- Chocolate Cake 1/4 of a 8" cake(cut into small pieces)
- Whipped Cream 1 cup
- Fresh Strawberries 1/2-3/4 cup or as needed(chopped)
- Dark Chocolate Shavings to garnish
- Prepare Nutella Mousse as per this recipe, chill it and use it to make trifle.
- To make Nutella Trifle:
- In a serving glass or bowl, put one layer of chocolate cake. I sprinkle couple of tsp of simple syrup to prevent drying of cake but it is optional.
- Then, top it with nutella mousse(i put the mousse in a ziploc bag and piped into the serving glass).
- Next, add inthe cut strawberries and top it with whipped cream. Again repeat the chocolate cake layer, nutella mousse layer, fruit layer and whipped cream.
- Finally garnish with fresh whole strawberry and chocolate shavings.
- That's it...Nutella Trifle is ready to relish.
You can use any desired chocolate cake or brownie too. I used my left over Hershey's chocolate cake. Adjust whipped cream & mousse to your taste and depending on your serving bowl/glass size.
You can also use mixed berry fruit combo instead of strawberry or skip fruit and use cake, mousse and cream layer alone.