This time have few florets left in the fridge, so thought of adding it to the potato fry and sure its an awesome and flavorful combo. The fry tasted yumm with rasam and rice. We just loved it..This Broccoli Potato Fry does not involve much spices and mildly flavored with garlic. Very simple and easy to make side dish that pairs well with any Indian Meal.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 15-20 minutes
- Potato 3 medium (sliced, length wise)
- Broccoli 1 medium Crowm(cut into small florets)
- Onion 1 no. (thinly sliced)
- Garlic 2 cloves(crushed)
- Curry leaves few
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Channa Dal 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
- Wash Potato and broccoli florets well in water 2-3 times.
- Drain well and chop and keep ready.
- Heat oil in a pan, when its heated add mustard seeds allow to pop.
- Then add fennel seeds fry well and add channa dal and crushed garlic and fry until dal turns golden brown.
- After that add onions and curry leaves and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- And then add potato, turmeric powder, little salt and stir fry for 1-2 minutes and close the pan with lid and cook it covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Do not add water just cover and cook in medium heat.
- Once the potato cooked 3/4th add broccoli florets and stir fry for a minute.
- Then add chilli powder, cumin powder and enough salt and saute until broccoli gets tender and potato turns crisp and golden brown.
- That's it...Tasty Broccoli Potato Fry ready. If desired, garnish with cilantro.
Make sure you chop the potato into thin slices..so that it cooks fast, crisp and tasty without adding water.
You can make it as a plain broccoli stir fry or Potato Fry.
If you like, you can also add 1/2 tsp sambar powder to the fry.