- Green Gram/Pachai Payir 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro few finely chopped
- Onions 1 medium(finely chopped)
- Ginger 1/2" piece
- Green chilli 2 no.
- Oil 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tsp
- Chana Dal 1 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- Dry Red Chilli 1 no.(broken)
- Soak mung bean with enough water for 4-6 hours or over night.
- Then Cook with 2-3 cups of water with enough salt until it turns soft and cooked but not mushy.
- Once done drain excess water and keep aside. Then in a mixie/blender add ginger n green chilli and pulse it for few seconds or pound it using mortar n pestle.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds allow to pop and then add chana dal, urad dal and fry till golden brown.
- Add dry red chillies, curry leaves and fry and add onions, crushed ginger-chilli and saute until onion gets translucent.
- Now add cooked mung bean and fry for 2 minutes.
- At last add some chopped coriander leaves stir well and switch off the stove.
- That's it...Healthy & Tasty Mung Bean Salad/Pachai Payir Sundal ready.