If u haven't tried it plz give it a try, this homemade version is even more fresh, healthy n tasty. Now off to the recipe.
- Cooked Rice 2 cups
- Onion 1 medium(thinly cut in length wise)
- Spring onion 1 bulb(chopped)
- Garlic 3 fat flakes (finely chopped)
- Broccoli 20 -25 small florets
- Carrot 1 no.(finely diced)
- Mushroom 3 no.(sliced)
- Bean sprouts 1 handful
- Snow peas 10 no.s
- Green Peas 1/4 cup
- Soy Sauce 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder to taste
- Sugar 1/4 tsp
- Spring onion greens to garnish
- Oil(sesame oil or olive oil) 2 tbsp
- First cook rice and cool for a while n then refrigerate it until use. Wash and chop vegetables and keep ready.
- Heat oil in a wide pan/kadai, add garlic wait till it roast finely and then add spring onions and onions and saute for a minute.
- After that add carrots and broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes with little salt.
- Then goes mushroom, snow peas, bean sprouts, peas sprinkle little salt and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Now add pepper powder and sugar stir fry the vegetables for few seconds then add cooked rice and soy sauce n enough salt and continue stirring the rice for 2-3 minutes or until the rice and vegetables tossed well with pepper n soy sauce.
- Check salt n pepper, if u want add it more and give a nice mix.
- Finally garnish with spring onion greens. That's it...very healthy, flavorful and yummy Vegetable Fried Rice ready.
- Serve hot with any desired accompaniments, we had it with Broccoli in Hot Garlic Sauce(coming up next)
Make sure u did not fry the vegetables for longer time till it turns soft n mushy, vegetables should remains crunchy.
If u don't get beans sprouts, snow peas u can skip and try it with available/desired vegetables.
If u like adding eggs to veg rice, add scrambled eggs to the stir fried vegetables after adding soy sauce,sugar,pepper powder.
If u like Jasmine rice or Long grain rice or brown rice use it. Cook rice and allow to cool n keep it in fridge until start cooking.
To get the real flavor n color of Chinese Fried Rice - first heat 1-2 tsp dark sesame oil/olive oil then add cooked rice(chilled) and soy sauce and sprinkle little salt and stir fry the rice for 3-4 minutes. That's the reason it called as "fried rice"
Then add this stir fried rice to sauteed vegetables(do not add soy sauce to vegetables, simply saute till tender) and combine and stir fry for another 2 minutes and finally garnish with spring onions and Enjoy. By this way your vegetables will not turn dark in color and remains colorful and appetizing.
I wanted to try it this way but was in hurry to finish my cooking/clicking so did in regular way !