Day 4 of Blogging Marathon under the theme " Easy Kids Lunch box recipe - Rice" and today's easy lunch box recipe is Carrot Lemon Rice. For a change i added shredded carrots to the usual lemon rice. My kids don't like carrots so i always have to do some experiment with carrots. One such experiment was this Carrot Lemon rice. They love to eat lemon rice with more peanuts n cashew nuts so i added more carrots to it and feed simple lemon rice with loaded nutrition. You too try to feed carrots in this way n I bet they won't complaint n finish it off .Now to the recipe...
- Cooked Rice 2 cups
- Lemon juice 1/2 cup (juice of 2 large lemons)
- Carrot 2 medium (shredded)
- Cilantro 1 handful
- Ginger 2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Green chilli 3 no.s (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal 1 tbsp
- Urad dal 1 tbsp
- Peanut 2 tbsp
- Cashew nut 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow to pop.
- Then add channa dal,urad dal and ground nuts,cashew nuts and fry till golden brown.
- Add curry leaves,ginger,green chillies and fry for a minute and add turmeric powder.
- Then pour the lemon juice and enough salt and mix well.
- Bring this mixture to boil and when it starts boiling add shredded carrots n cilantro.
- Mix well and turn off the stove.
- Allow this mixture to cool for a while and then mix it with cooked rice. Mix gently, check salt n adjust it.
- That's it...Tangy n Yummy Carrot Lemon Rice is ready to serve.I served along with Potato Podimas.