Bhindi Masala(With Capsicum) RecipePrep Time : 15 minutes | Cook Time : 20 MinutesRecipe Category : Side Dish | Recipe Course : IndianServes 4
- Bhindi/Okra 1.5 lb (cut into bite size pieces)
- Onion 1 big (finely chopped)
- Tomato 1 small(finely chopped)
- Garlic 1 fat clove(finely chopped)
- Green chilli 1 no.(finely chopped)
- Curry leaves few
- Cilantro few finely chopped
- Capsicum, green color 1/3 cup(thinly sliced)
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder 3/4 tsp
- Jeera/Cumin Powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala 3/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tsp + 1/2 tbsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds 1/2 tspMethodFirst roast the okra in a separate pan using 2 tsp oil till the okra is turns slight soft and keep aside.
Then heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a kadai, when it is hot add cumin seeds and allow to splutter and then add finely chopped garlic, green chilli, few curry leaves and fry well.
After that add finely chopped onions and saute until it turns translucent and golden brown.And then add finely chopped tomato, sprinkle some salt and saute until it is soft and mushy.Then add sliced capsicum, turmeric powder and saute for 1-2 minutes.After that add roasted okra/bhindi pieces, chilli powder, jeera powder, garam masala, enough salt and mix everything well.
Now cover the pan with lid and cook the bhindi masala in medium heat for another 2-3 minutes and then open the lid, give a gentle stir and lastly add some finely chopped cilantro and turn off the stove.That's it..Bhindi Masala ready.Notes:I used only 1/2 of a tomato(peeled and de-seeded)you can also use 1 or 2 tomatoes.Roasting okra before adding to the sabzi, helps to prevent sliminess and soggy sabzi.