Channa Chaat Recipe / Aloo Channa Chaat RecipeRecipe Category : Snack/SaladPrep Time : 10 Minutes | Cook Time : nilServes 2Ingredients
- Boiled Chickpeas 1 and 1/4 cup
- Boiled Potato, diced 2-3 tbsp
- Onion 2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Tomato 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cilantro 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Pom seeds 2-3 tbsp
- Chaat Masala 1/2 - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1/2 - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Green Chutney 1-2 tbsp or as needed
- Sweet Tamarind Chutney 1-2 tbsp or as needed
- Fine Sev as needed
- Soak Chickpeas overnight and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles, makes sure you do not cook too much and make it mushy.
- Chickpeas should be cooked tender, soft but not mushy.
- Wash and peel potato skin, and dice into small pieces and keep it in a microwave safe bowl, add enough water until the potato pieces are immersed and cook in high powder
- for 2 minutes or until cooked soft.
- Then drain the excess water and use it. Alternatively you can also boil potato and mash it roughly and use it for chaat.
- Now take a mixing bowl, add chickpeas and potato add enough salt, chaat masala, cumin powder and mix well.
- And then add chaat chutneys and mix wel, and add finely chopped onion, tomato, cilantro and combine everything well.
- Lastly add pom seeds mix gently and serve immediately with some generous sev on top.
This chaat can be refrigerated and serve it chilled. Either way it tastes great.
Adjust spices and chutneys to desired level.
Adding potato is optional. You can also add 1/2 - 1 tsp lemon juice to this chaat.