Now coming to the Lachha Paratha, mostly this lachha paratha is made using ghee and is not advisable for regular diet meal but i wanted to make it less calorie and also a complete Vegan Recipe, so i used whole wheat flour and oil to make this paratha. Even oil gives nice flaky and flavorful paratha. Hope the step by step pictures helps anyone to make this Paratha very easy and now lets move on to the recipe...
Preparation Time : 5 minutes + 15 minutes Resting Time : 1-2 hrs
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Makes about 6 Parathas.Ingredients
- Whole Wheat Flour / Atta 2 cups
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp + to toast Paratha
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Whole Wheat Flour/Atta 2 tbsp
- In a wide bowl, add flour and salt mix well. Then to the flour add oil and combine the flour with oil well.
- After that using water knead it to a soft, smooth dough. The dough should be little loose and moisture but not sticky.
- Then shape it to a round ball and keep it covered in a oiled bowl.
- Let it rest for 1-2 hours. I let it for 2 hours.
- After resting time, divide the dough into 6 big lemon sized balls.
- And mix flour and oil for layering and keep ready.
- Now take one ball and using a rolling pin roll it to a wide thin disc, roll it wide and thin as possible.
- To this add 2 tsp oil-flour mixture and spread it all over the disc.
- Then pleat the dough to make folds as shown in the picture. And stretch a little bit and roll into spiral.
- Then keep that spiral aside covered. And follow the same procedure for rest dough balls. Keep it covered for 5 minutes.
- And then roll each spirals to a round flat disc.
- After that heat a griddle/tawa, smear with few drops of oil then place on rolled flat disc and cook for a minute or until a bubble appears.
- Then flip other side and drizzle oil around and press gently using spatula and cook until you see some brown spot on bottom side. Again turn other and cook for few seconds.
- And remove from the tawa and make all other prepared disc the same way.
- Lastly crush the stacked paratha with your hands to separate layers.(optional)
- That's it..Flaky Lachha Paratha Ready. Serve hot with any desired curry, we had it with Dum Aloo.
I used oil for layering but if you like you can very well use ghee instead.
Like wise i used Whole Wheat Flour / Aashirvadh Atta but you can use All purpose flour/maida also or 1 cup atta and 1 cup maida.
This is off to Priya's Vegan Thursday.