Preparation Time : 8 -10 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes or less
Makes about 10 DosaIngredients
- Whole Wheat Flour / Atta 2 cups
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Pepper, coarsely grind 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Onion 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped, i used 5 pearl onions chopped)
- Cilantro 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to toast dosa.
- In a bowl take flour and salt mix well and using water make it to a medium thick like dosa batter.
- Then to the batter add cumin seeds, pepper, finely chopped onions, ginger, cilantro and stir well.
- Adjust batter consistency, if its thick add couple of tbsp of water.
- Now the batter ready to make dosa.
- Heat a griddle, when its get heated pour a ladle full of batter to it and spread it in a circular motion to a thin crepes.
- Drizzle oil around and cook it in medium high heat for 2 minutes then flip other side and cooked for another 1-2 minutes or until crisp on the edges.
- Once done remove from the griddle and serve hot with chutney/sambar. We had it with cilantro chutney & Idli Podi.
To the same batter you can also add 1/4 cup rice flour, 2 tbsp rava for a crispy & thin dosa. If adding rice & rava make batter little thin than the regular dosa batter.
For a more healthier option, add 1/2 cup ragi flour(millet flour) to the above ingredients and make wheat-ragi dosa. I sometimes make it that way.
If you like you can also add finely chopped green chillies instead of pepper.