- Bitter gourd 2 medium sized (cut into thin slices, remove seeds)
- Rice flour 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Gram flour 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Hing a pinch (optional)
- Oil to deep fry
- Wash bitter gourds thoroughly then wipe it with paper towel.
- Cut into thin slices(as thin as possible) and spread the cut slices in a plate and leave it aside for 10-15 minutes, this way the excess moisture gets dried.
- After that to the bitter gourd slices, add rice flour, gram flour, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix everything well. Do not add or sprinkle water.
- Now heat oil in kadai, when it gets heated add slice by slice and deep fry in medium high heat on both sides until the hissing sound stops.
- Once the sound stops, the bitter gourds are done, remove from the oil and drain the excess oil in paper towel.
- Do repeat the same procedure for all remaining bitter gourd slices, add 15-20 slices per batch, if using wide pan add more, depending on the pan size fry more or less, do not clump all together.
- That's it...Crispy & tasty Bitter gourd chips ready to munch.