I was cooking for lunch n baking the bread sticks (with step wise pics) simultaneously. And as soon as the breadsticks done, H n the lil' one came for. I wanted to take pics before serving them, so clicked in hurry n didn't concentrate on presentation. But sure the breadsticks tasted so delicious n going to make some tangy n spicy sauce to go with this garlic bread sticks for our evening snack :) I added 1/4 tsp dried parsley n finely chopped chili for extra flavor n taste n it is purely optional. Now to the recipe...
|after cooling it turns lil' dark in color.|
- All Purpose Flour / Bread flour 3 cups
- Active Dry Yeast 1 package ( 1/4 oz or 2 1/2 tsp)
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder 1/4 tsp
- Warm Water 1 and 1/4 cup
- Olive oil 1 tbsp + 1tsp
- Butter 2-3 tbsp
- Garlic Powder 1/2 tbsp
- Dried Parsley 1/4 tsp (if using fresh parsley use 3/4 -1 tsp)
- Finely chopped green chili 1/4 tsp
|soon out from the oven that's y little pale|
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper n keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add 1 cup flour, yeast, 1 tsp sugar, n warm water mix well and leave it for 10 minutes or until it turns frothy.
- Then add remaining flour, sugar n salt (mix everything well in bowl) to the yeast - flour mixture and mix everything well to a sticky dough.
- After that transfer the dough to a well floured surface n knead for 2-3 minutes then add 1 tbsp olive oil and knead for another 2 minutes.
- Now grease the bowl with 1/2 tsp olive oil and keep the dough n spread few more drops of oil on the top the dough and cover the bowl with cling wrap or wet cloth n keep it in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in microwave safe bowl n add parsley,garlic powder n chili (optional) n keep aside.
- Once the dough had doubled in size, punch down the air n divide the dough in to 10 equal sized balls.
- And allow this to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Now the divided 10 balls had raised little, take one ball on a well floured surface flat it and then roll it to a longer shape, do repeat the same for remaining balls, i did 5 like this( this will yield u a longer n thick breadsticks like in the 1st pics).
- And I divide the other 5 balls in to 10 smaller one n rolled out to a short breadsticks for my kids without chili.
- Then arrange the rolled dough in to a lined baking sheet and brush it with garlic butter.
- Allow this bread sticks to rest for 20-25 minutes and then bake it in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- That's it...once done remove from the oven and brush it with butter n sprinkle kosher salt.
- Serve hot or warm with some soup or sauce.
Sending this to Vardhini's Bake Fest now happening @ The Mad Scientist's Kitchen.
If u don't like u can avoid parsley n chili and simply use garlic powder n butter.
U can also use freshly minced or grated garlic instead of garlic powder in garlic butter mixture.