Happy Women's Day Friends. I always feel proud to be a Woman but there are some situation which makes to feel bad for the same. H about you gals?!!!!
Now coming to the recipes, For this month's The Gourmet Seven we decided to prepare some exotic Salads and landed on 101cookbooks. Salads are not new to me weekly three times i make Sundal or simply boil any legume/lentils , mix with onion tomatoes, then stir in lemon honey dressing. This is routine at my home and my H love Salads. When i went to India, he managed his days with only salads n fruits. He love to eat raw vegs/legumes/fruits as such without tossed in dressing. He badly hates the dressing part, Dunno the reason but me straight opposite to him :) love salads mainly for its dressing part n not interested to eat them raw. My kids also like me they too love the dressing part, mainly the simple Mayo dressing.
As i love the dressing part more, i chosen this Herb Salad. Yes, this salad include simple ingredients with Avocado dressing...Mmmmm...Yummy !! We even enjoyed the left over dressing as a Topping (mixed with some finely chopped cucmber,onion,tomato,cilantro)to go with Multi-grain Toppers. You can even enjoy this Avocado dressing as a sandwich spread. And the other main part of the recipe, "Herbs" - Cilantro,Basil & Chives. Cilantro is not a new one we daily use in our day-to-day's cooking, Basil i have used once or twice in cooking but Chives i tried for the first time. I added only 2 chopped basil leaves n few chopped chives, as my H doesn't like its strong flavor. The herbs doesn't smell anything until i tossed it with the salad ingredients, so adjust to your taste. And for the crunchy part i used Peanuts n Pecans instead Pepitas. Peanuts tasted so good with the corn n beans. Try this salad with rich avocado dressing, sure u will love it. Now to the recipe...
- Green Beans 1 cup (chopped)
- Sweet corn 2no.s (husked n cut kernels)
- Lettuce 1 handful (chopped)
- Red Onion 1 small(sliced or chopped)
- Cilantro 1 handful(finely chopped)
- Chives 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Basil leaves 2-3 or to taste(chopped)
- Peanuts n Pecans 1 small handful
- Avocado 1/2 medium
- Garlic 1 clove
- Sea salt to taste
- Greek Yogurt 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Wash green beans, chop to little big pieces...bring 3 cups of water to boil,add salt and then add green beans and wait for a minute and drain n wash beans in cold water.
- Cur corn kernels from the cob and keep ready.
- Take a blender, add avocado pulp,crushed garlic,salt,lemon juice and blend well.
- Then transfer it to a bowl, add yougurt mix well and adjust salt to taste.
- Cling wrap the dressing and keep it in the fridge until use.
- Now in a wide bowl, combine all the ingredients- beans,corn kernels, onions,herbs,nuts and toss well and add 2-3 spoons of dressing , toss again n serve immediately.
- Adjust salt n dressing to taste.
You can use any desired nuts - Almonds,Walnuts etc.
After mixing Herbs n dressing serve immediately don't keep it for long time.