Before entering into the recipe i would like to share a good news with you all. Few days back i got an email from Banypaul, editor on Be@home with subject " award for your awesome cooking blog" She also added "I just stumbled upon your blog and you have an awesome site with some mouth watering vegetarian recipes! It's great to see there are still people out there who make room in their hectic lives to cook and do an excellent job of it at that." and had send me this "Creative Chef Award". I am on cloud nine :) You know what? there are some days where my work were not appreciated but now everything changed already won so many awards from my fellow bloggers n this special award exclusively for my blog n hard work :) A way for me to connect with people worldwide...!! A Zillion thanks to Banypaul for this special award and really am going to cherish this wonderful moment forever n ever :))
ok now to the recipe...
- Cooked Rice 1 cup (i used Basmati rice)
- Tofu 1/2 cup or more (cubed)
- Onion 1 large(sliced)
- Tomato 1 large (chpped)
- green chili 1no.(halved n slitted)
- Shahi Jeera/black cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Cilantro 2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/4 or more tsp
- Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- salt a pinch
- First cut the Tofu in to small cubes and take all the masala(chili,corinader,cumin,salt,tur) in small bowl n mix well.
- From this take 1 tsp of mixed masala powder in bowl n add cut Tofu cubes mix well and keep aside.
- Then chop the vegetables n cook rice spread it in a wide plate/bowl n cool completely.
- Now Heat 1/2 tsp of oil in a small pan n 2 tbsp of oil in a large pan.
- To the samll pan all the cut masala tofu n fry in medium heat until it turns crips n golden brown.
- And to the another pan, add mustard n shahi jeera and wait till it pop.
- And then add sliced onion n green chili and saute till onion turns golden brown.
- After that add chopped tomato and stir fry for a minute n add already prepared masala and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Then sprinkle some water n cook for another minute and then add cooked rice and mix everything gently.
- And then cook covered for a minute and then add the fried masala tofu n cilantro.
- Mix everything well and turn off the stove.
- That's it...Delicious n Healthy Tofu Masala Rice is ready to serve.
You can also add clove,cinnamon along with tempering ingredients.
Ginger garlic paste can also be added for more spicy n flavor.
Instead of Tofu you can also use Paneer.Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13
This is off to My own event, Show Me Your HITS ~ Healthy Delights.